The classic Wilderness Wombat Pack is back for a limited-run appearance. Our Wombat is a medium-sized, heavy-duty hunting and outdoors backpack. It is built in our shop with tough-as-nails Cordura nylon to soak up years of rough use. It's the perfect manageable size for a daypack, but can work well up to 3 days if care is taken choosing the contents and packing.
True to its marsupial name, the Wombat has always featured a hidden hook-and-loop-closure pouch behind the lower of its two outer utility pockets. However, for we have doubled that and added a second hidden pocket behind behind the top pocket as well. The upper one is accessed from below in-between the pockets. They are perfect for concealing and protecting your wallet from theft, or anything else from prying eyes or sticky fingers.
- The large outside pouch is often used for food (will hold 1 MRE, several dehydrated meal pouches, or numerous food bars), while the small one often carries utility items or a toiletry kit.
- The lower hidden pocket can carry a weapon up to the size of a Glock 19 (check your local laws for legality in your area) or personal items like a wallet and keys. The upper pouch, which also hides a hidden pocket, sits close to the bottom pouch to camouflage the hook-and-loop closure access to both pockets. *Note that access to the hidden pocket is much easier if the pack and outside pockets are not packed tightly with gear.
- The panel-loader main body opens fully for easy access.
- Both front and back panels feature closed-cell foam padding for comfort and added structure and shape-holding. These pads are in zippered pockets and may be removed for packing the backpack to a smaller size, or to fit larger flat items in these pockets such as maps.
- The internal back and sidewalls are lined with fuzzy loop material for added firmness and to attach hook-backed pouches.
- The 4-way lashing patches on the sides (2x each side), bottom (3x) and back panel (2x) can be used with our optional webbing utility straps to secure items like jackets, spotting scopes, tripods, trekking poles, tents, or longer bivy sacks.
- The padded shoulder straps feature a chest strap and are replaceable.
- A beefy grab handle on top makes moving it convenient.
- There is a 2" pass-through tunnel for a stabilizing belt on the lower back (*not included).
- Low-profile Wilderness trees logo embroidered in subdued colors.
- Made in Phoenix, Arizona, USA in our shop.
- Tough Cordura construction for many years of rugged use in sharp and abrasive environments. Most colors 1000D, MultiCam Black is 500D, which is lighter, has a softer "hand" feel, and is still amazingly tough.
- Heavy-duty YKK zippers with rattle-free "knobby" positive locking cordage pulls.
- Main body 17.5"H x 12"W x 5"D, approx. 900 cubic inches/14.75 liters
- Large outer pocket 9H" x 7.75"W x 3"D (about 200 cubic inches/3.28 liters)
- Small outer pocket 9"H x 4.5"W x 3"D (about 100 cubic inches/1.64 liters)
- Total storage: Approx. 1,200 cubic inches/19.5L